Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 11 - Five Dialysis Treatments not taken!

Last year at the Kidney Walk I met a new friend. He had been on dialysis before receiving a transplant in 2003. He now tells the passage of time by the number of dialysis treatments that he has not taken since he got his new kidney. The last time I heard he has missed 867 dialysis treatments. How cool is that?

With every transplant there is the possibility of rejection or other difficulties. But I am chosing to not let those kinds of thoughts ruin a single day. It's just futile. After all, we can never regain the days we lose. I'm celebrating every day as a gift from God. I may even get a little wild. I suggest you beware if you see me on the highway, ESPECIALLY if a certain wild young lady is driving. Brawhahahahahah!!

3 comments:

Dianne Adams said...

Oh, I've seen your wild side and I'm afraid, very afraid.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! VUMC has helped create a monster!! hee hee. Have FUN!!!!!!!

Elizabeth

Jack Nowicki said...

Ann ~ just found your blog through Bill's review of blogs... I too have PKD and was on DaVita dialysis for almost 3 years before getting my transplant on March 9th... and getting out of the hospital on March 14th.

Good Luck to you and your new kidney!

Check my blog sometime about my post-transplant experiences. JN